Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January

I was inspired by Andrea's December blog, but mine is without pictures (sorry!) and is a bit more detailed...not to mention everyday..hahaha
But this is what my January looked like...

January
1st – Jonathan and Michelle leave, day of shopping with Mom and Grandma

2nd – Church, movies with Andrea ☺

3rd – Shopping with Mom, Tangled (!!!!), and baby sit next door neighbor’s daughter. She slept the whole time except for about 30 minutes with which I sang her to sleep. That’s right. I rubbed her back, sang, and she fell asleep to the sound of my voice. ☺

4th – Sleep in, dinner with Nathan Bolin, Worship Team, late night Rite-Aid excursion with Andrea…when they were closing. We were then politely asked to leave.

5th – Shopping and lunch with Andrea, frozen yogurt with Andrea and “The Tom” (comfy couch included!!...and of course some awkward conversations on Andrea’s part. Way to go A.)

6th – Accomplished sleeping in and staying in pajamas all day.

7th – Accomplished sleeping in and staying in pajamas all day AND cleaned the kitchen and organized the tuberware drawer.

8th – Early shopping with Mommy, lunch with Annie, dinner and movie with Bolins and Lexi, girl’s night with Mommy (and Cary Grant!)

9th – Church, last minute packing, ride to the airport, airport adventures with Andrea, airplane ride (PS I have a new alias: Samantha Jenkins, and I major in Business at UCLA...) and unpacking, dinner, and One Tree Hill with Jen!

10th – Classes begin!!

11th – 2nd day of classes begin

12th – 3rd day of classes, I begin to realize that my classes are going to be pretty nice and relaxing. What?? I KNOW!

13th – Classes, stress over Oratorio music being copied and lost…supposed to pass it out the previous Tuesday…
14th – Class, chapel, lunch with Jen, rehearsal (where I was bumped up to Soprano 1 and I sight read my part and slightly kicked butt!!), went out with Dore and her bf Ryan.

15th – Surprise baby sitting job for Kendra! Spent the day with Viola, dinner with Jen and Jerry, Moulin Rouge with Rachel, Adam, Dore, and Ryan, and singing Glee songs while making a gingerbread house, and truth or dare. And by truth or dare I mean I google “truth or dare” questions and we all answer the questions.

16th – Sleep in, lunch with Jen, nap, Golden Globes, phone calls, and Burlesque.

17th – Sleep in (whoops, missed the gym!), cleaning, homework, Friends marathon, and sushi!!!

18th – Work out, class, lunch and Bachelor with Jen and Jerry, crazy Oratorio shenanigans, homework, dinner and Narnia with Tatiana!!

19th – Wake up with a headache, so I shower, take medicine, and go back to bed. Wake up later, feeling better, hang around, clean, do homework, go to class, dinner, homework.

20th – First voice lesson – success!! Reading time in the beautiful music building courtyard where college “men” giggle over “Forget You”…the uncensored version… o-O
Amazing class time and amazing choir work/sectionals time.

21st – Class, get the last textbooks (finally!), lunch, homework, power nap, rehearsal, dinner, Friends marathon, laundry, practice, creative juices start flowing and I start writing…
followed by more cleaning, taking down Christmas decorations, and laundry.
This is my Friday night without my roommate. ☹

22nd – Sleep in a little, homework, read for fun, shower, check mail, get TWO things: care package from home and a super adorable letter from A! Lunch, intense cleaning session, grocery store with Dore and Ryan, make dinner, Step up 3, another intense clean session, more reading for fun.

23rd – Homework, more cleaning, DISNEYLAND WITH TATIANA!!!

24th – Class, homework, Friends, homework…did I mention homework? Am officially put on vocal rest (allergies, over-practicing, and Disneyland don’t make for a great well-rested voice…)

25th – Class, class, and homework. Oh, can’t forget the pantomiming all day long. It’s getting interesting…

26th – Class, chapel, class, lunch, homework, take math test (which I totally aced by the way), homework.

27th – REALLY not feeling good, so I sleep in, drink fluids, go to choir, come back and eat dinner and study/homework.

28th – Class, chapel, voice is back!! Call mom, clean, homework, catch up on some tv shows, man choir with Rachel and Jess, rehearsal, tv with the sick roomie

29th – TV with the roomie while she rests, quick trip to her Grandma’s house and Wal Mart

30th – sleep in, homework, clean, homework, make dinner (chicken and pasta), clean, make cookies (sugar cookies that turned out more like sweet bread, still tasty!) clean, bed.

31st – class, chapel, class, finally wake up, homework, class, and homework.

2 comments:

  1. January 5th. That was a great day. The conversation that went down in In-N-Out. My goodness. Seriously, I don't think I'll EVER forget that!! And the high school guy who totally checked me out...that just concluded that epic experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best day!!! I can't wait for another! I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete