Sunday, October 30, 2011

Mama

I love my mom. She has been one of the biggest blessings in my life.

Growing up I didn't realize how absolutely amazing she was. I mean, I did. But I didn't fully understand until I got to college. (lack of homemade food can do that to you!)
But boy did I begin to realize it when I was home for a year and became a nanny. Ha!

I'd go to my mom constantly asking advice and she would laugh at my stories and tell me her own from when my brother and I were kids.

My mom is one of the strongest people I know. My dad has been out of work for awhile, and it hasn't been easy. It's no ones fault, and we don't know why we're going through this, but we're making it. It could be worse. And through it all, my mom has been a rock.
I watch her at Spirit West Coast and see her direct and serve and she teaches me what it's like to be a leader.

She has taught me more than she'll ever know. Probably more than I'll even know. She's my best friend, and my role model, and I can only hope that when I get to become a mommy, that I'll be even half as great as my mom.
Love you Mama. <3

And Mom, if you're reading this (which I'm sure you will at some point) I'm sorry for making you cry. Yes, I know you're crying because I got tear-y eyed writing it. I AM my mother's daughter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment