Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Dreams

I'm a dreamer. Through and through.
When I was little I'd always be playing dress up and make believe just to "live" a dream that I had.
I was that little girl who put her stuffed animals in a line and played "teacher". I was the teenager who sang into the hairbrush as I danced around my room pretending to be a rock star.
I totally still do that. I'll be honest. I love it too. So ha!
But I also dream of changing the world. Making a difference...somehow. I've always wanted to do that. And I thought it would be by doing the whole rock star thing. I'd share my testimony, change a life, and boom!
But as I'm finishing the rest of my education I realize...it's probably not going to happen. And I'm ok with that. I know that I'm doing what God wants me to do. And how can I argue with that?
Now my dream is to be the best music teacher I can be, and to do my best in leading others in worship through music. I love both of these things. These are my dreams, and they are becoming a reality, slowly but surely.

I also have a dream of being a wife and mother. I nannied for a year when I was home and I went back and forth between wanting to me a mom. Ok, I never didn't want to, but I started questioning the whole "mom" thing! :)
But after watching them grow up in the course of a year I know I could never not have kids. I absolutely love the two that I got to watch every day, and they're not even mine. I love that Katelyn still tells her mom that she misses me, and that she loves music even more than she did when I started watching her. I almost cried when she told me she wanted to sing in "big church, cause that's what Leasha does."
I want that. I dream and crave that.
I also want to be a wife. (before the mother part. don't worry!) My favorite book of the Bible is Proverbs, specifically Proverbs 31. I studied it with my mentor over the summer and I have learned so much! That woman is who I strive to be like. She is strong, secure, dependable, beautiful, talented, worthy, respected, the list goes on and on.

I feel that the dreams I had as a little girl aren't that different than the dreams I have now. In fact, they're basically identical. Only a few minor changes.

I can't help but feel blessed that I know (and always knew) what I wanted to do when I grew up.
...speaking of which...I should probably get back to homework. You know, to learn more about what it is that I want to do with my life...
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment