Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Stereotypes

I'm a music major. And if you didn't know that, then...well...get glasses.

I had choir today, and the conductor needed to get a husky tone from the sopranos, and it just wasn't happening. He mentioned that if he were asking the altos, this wouldn't be a problem which prompted me to think:
1. Ouch. That's harsh for the sopranos! And
2. Haha...yeah...

Which got me to think about choral stereotypes, which inspired me to share these stereotypes with you.
Side Note: Stereotypes ALWAYS have exceptions. Always. I am friends with many of these exceptions.

Sopranos:
Dainty. Self-obsessed. Divas. High-strung. Know-it-all-but-really-doesn't. Loud. Annoying.

Altos:
Relaxed. Smart. Easy-going. Actually-knows-what-they're-doing. Tomboy. The "cool" ones.

Tenors:
The "pretty-boy". Diva. Preppy. Know-it-all-and-usually-does. Thinks-they-are-God's-gift-to-women.

Basses:
The "manly-man". Relaxed. Funny. The-ones-who-don't-want-to-be-in-choir.



There you go. Now if you join a choir you'll know what/who to look out for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment