Wednesday, September 7, 2011

How I Know A New Semester Has Started...

1. 100 degree heat (in the 90s at 10:30am). Ew.
It was ridiculously hot for 10:30am after chapel. It's just...NOT ok. Neither is it ok for me to sit in the shade filling out paperwork and still sweat! It's just unnatural, right??

2. Chapel!
I like chapel. I don't care. I like it. Opening chapel is always the same though. But it's good. John Wallace showed us a clip from Wall-E. It made me happy. :)

3. Classes (duh.)
This is pretty obvious. But I have to brag that my first class was canceled! What, what?!?!

4. Books. $500 so far. Still a few more books to get.
Yeah...that's it. I'm still a bit bitter about that...I'll get over it. When my own kids buy their books and it's $800 or something. Ha!

5. Professors putting you on the spot.
When you're in an "intro" class, how am I expected to know a lot about it? Easy. I don't. So when I'm put on the spot, I just talk. Lucky for me, I'm really good at talking! :)

6. Syllabi.
And the professors feel the need to read through it with you. Because I can't read it on my own. I know it's their job, but...oy. I have 9 classes. It gets really redundant.

7. No parking.
Because they haven't distributed parking passes everyone is parking where ever they want. Which means I get to drive around looking for a parking spot 20 minutes before class wondering if I should just park on the other campus and walk back and be late and sweaty. Praise Jesus that as I was praying I saw a guy who looked like he was walking to his car. So OBVIOUSLY I stalked him to his car and got his spot! Yay me!! My creeper skills are coming in handy!

8. Back to school Target runs. Yay!
Target is 2 blocks away!! And if you know me even a little, you know I LOVE Target. Love. Love, love, love. And since it's right down the street from me if I need to get a few things that's where I go! I enjoy this greatly. :)

9. Lists, lists, and lists!
Once again, if you know me, you know I am an organizing freak! I love things neat and orderly. So as soon as I finish this I am going to proceed to make my homework list, my to-do list, and then my "tomorrow" list.
Yeah...is this healthy? Eh, whatever. I can't remember anything so I have to write everything down.
Twice.

10. Papers.
I ALREADY have a paper due Monday. Granted it's 2 pages double spaced, but c'mon!
Oh well.


Moral of the story is: I am getting back into the routine of school, and am thoroughly enjoying it. :)

1 comment: