Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Patience

“The capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset.”
Gross.

What did you guys think when you saw the word Patience?
When I think of it I see myself sitting tapping my foot waiting for...well, something. And I don't even know WHAT, but regardless of that, it's entirely too frustrating.
I have had to use a great amount of patience lately, and for some reason I feel I have come up short tonight.
“Yet those who wait for the LORD will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, they will run and not get tired, they will run and not become weary.”
Isaiah 40.31

I see what it's saying, but it doesn't make it much easier. BUT I guess it means that God has important things to show me and teach me this summer. And I guess that's all I can lean and hold on to.
...but that doesn't mean I have to smile while doing it...

Does it?


:)

1 comment:

  1. The word "patience" annoys me. So I guess I don't even have patience for "patience".

    And I won't smile if you don't smile. Or maybe we should both just suck it up and smile :)

    ReplyDelete