Monday, May 16, 2011

Spiritual Attacks

Some days I feel like I'm being spiritually attacked. And I really hate that. Duh.
When I feel like I'm being spiritually attacked, I tend to...
Lose any sense of hope and confidence in myself.
Want to cry.
Want to sleep.
Can't sleep.
Want to be alone.
NOT want to read my bible.

Somebody once said that when you don't want to read your bible, is probably the time when you should the most.
I think he's right.

Psalm 44:6-8
I do not trust in my bow, my sword does not bring me victory; but You give us victory over our enemies, You put our adversaries to shame. In God we make our boast all day long, and we will praise Your name forever.

I've also come to realize when I'm being spiritually attacked that there is a reason. Satan's not down there in the fiery pits of hell saying, “Hey look, there's Alicia! She's got nothing special coming up anytime soon...let's get her!”
No. I imagine it more like, “Hey look, there's Alicia! She's got a lot going for her and has huge things coming up...let's get her!”

It's really frustrating. But in the end, I decided to take it as a compliment. If I'm that much of a threat, then I must be doing something right.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

So take THAT Satan.

No comments:

Post a Comment