Sunday, April 8, 2012

Spring Break (Woo Hoo!!!)

Senior Year Spring Break Expectation:
Cute boys
Beach
Sunshine
Swimming
Cute boys
Fruity drinks
Cute boys
Giggling
Yummy food
Did I mention cute boys?
This was what I always expected my senior year spring break (woo-hoo!) to be like. But it was nothing like that at all. I’m not saying it was bad, just not what I expected.

My spring break was full of coffee, packing, studying, having awkward encounters with Starbucks baristas, playing piano and singing in the sanctuary, and getting lunch with my mom.
Lucky for me, I love doing all these things (minus the awkward encounters, but I’m learning to live with that…).

My break wasn’t exactly what I wanted, but it’s ok. Honestly, I can’t complain about only having an “ok” spring break on Easter. I didn’t give up my son, watch him be tortured, and die on a cross for everyone’s sins. Really, Good Friday put everything into perspective.

After reflecting about break I realized that:
There were cute boys around once in awhile
I talked about the beach so much I felt like I was practically there!
The weather was great
I saw The Lorax, and there were people swimming (does that count?)
I had a fruit drink this morning for breakfast
I giggled a lot. Whether that be at myself for singing aloud in Starbucks or at the little kids comments during The Lorax, or at my high schoolers for just being awesome…
I went to Taco Tuesday at Casa Orozco, went to Demitri’s, the best Greek place ever, Ale House, In-n-out, AND Cheesecake Factory.

It wasn’t what I expected, but I wouldn’t change it. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment