Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Words of Wisdom

A wise woman told me this not too long ago. Sometimes I forget and I need to remind myself.

“Alicia, God has given you a beautiful and magical gift. Even more than that He gave you a love for music, and an opportunity to learn about it at school. How dare you think you’re not good enough enough? You are. He gave you these gifts and opportunities. Use them. And how dare you let them go to waste? No. I won't let you.
Go sing something.”

This is the same for any gift God has given us. For some it's writing, speaking, words of encouragement...whatever.
Sometimes I get so caught up in the technique of music and forget that it's something special that God gave me. I get caught up in the politics of everything and start comparing myself to others and I often come back to this conversation and remind myself that I have a gift and that I have no right to think less or myself or say otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment