Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Birthday Escapades Part 1: Shopping with Tati

I decided in honor of my birthday I deserved a new cute top to wear on my birthday and to wear to Disneyland! So I asked Tatiana if she wouldn’t mind taking me!
So our adventure began Friday, March 4th around 11:45am.
Here was our schedule with some brief notes and explanations
11:45am: Tatiana picks me up and we drive to West Campus to grab lunch (Sam’s Subs – delicious!)
12:00pm: Lunch is ordered, we are on our way to sit down and eat when Tatiana gives me (wait for it….wait for it….) A DATE CARD!!! That’s right. Enter “The Bachelor(ette) reference(s).
“The petals may fall but our love still grows strong”
…ok I don’t remember if that was it word for word, but you get the main gist of it.
We are going to go see Beastly (Beauty and the Beast) later that night. Yay!!!!
So we eat out lunch and catch up.
12:30pm: Drive to the mall. The mall in the middle of no where. Pretty far away.
1:00pm: We get to the mall and found the bridesmaid dresses Tatiana needed to pick up then do a bit of shopping. While in that specific store I find two pairs of earrings that I like and Tatiana gets them for me for my birthday!!
We step out of the store and Tatiana asks, “Alicia, can we sit down for a minute? I want to talk to you about something.”
Um..I’m a little worried.
So we stand off to the side, and Tatiana grabs into the bag and pulls out a pair or earrings (studs of white roses) and asks, “Alicia, will you accept this rose?”
Yes!
1:00-4:30pm: Serious shopping with a minor ice cream break.
4:30pm: Leave the mall to go to the movies.
5:00pm: Buy our tickets, buy girl scout cookies, grab Starbucks
5:30pm: Beastly!!!
*Review: Weird/Random storyline. Not bad though considering what they had to follow, you know?
Acting: Terrible. NPH (Neil Patrick Harris) was great, as always. Vanessa Hudgens was better than I excepted (although considering the character she had to portray…not that difficult, right?). Alex Pettyfer: Veeery pretty, but NOT a good acting job in this movie. I’ve seen him in another movie and he did well in that movie, but not this one. A bit disappointing.
7:00pm: Out of the movie, go to car to leave.
7:01pm: Discover Tatiana doesn’t have her keys.
7:02pm: Deduce that Tatiana left her keys in the trunk after we put our girl scout cookies in the trunk.
7:05pm: Call AAA
7:10pm: Check back in the theater, crawl on our hands and knees to look under the seats. The keys are not there.
7:15pm: Go into Barnes & Noble to wait for AAA to arrive.
7:30pm: AAA gets there, able to unlock the car door, but the seats in the back don’t sit down AND we can’t find the trunk release latch.
7:31pm: Tatiana is accused of stealing a car.
7:32pm: AAA guy apologizes but says that he can’t help us and leaves.
7:33pm: Tatiana calls her parents to ask if they can find the spare key and drive to us.
*Side Note: Her parents were on a date night and had just gotten out of a movie, and hadn’t eaten dinner yet. They had to drive to their house, find the key, then drive to us. About an hour and a half total.
7:35pm: Decide if there was ever a time for us girls to go and get a drink, the time is now.
7:36pm: Walk across the parking lot and go to Chilli’s
9:00pm: Tatiana’s parents arrive and we open the car trunk and find the keys!!! Celebrate!!
9:02pm: Join Tatiana’s parents for dinner (sushi).
9:30pm: Parents done eating, we say good-bye and drive home.
9:45pm: Arrive back at my apartment.

It is a great day. I come out with two new pairs of earrings, a new top to wear to Disneyland, a black dress to wear to in my friend’s recital, and Girl Scout cookies!!
And even better, great quality time with one of my best friends. Thanks Tati, and I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment