Sunday, March 13, 2011

Birthday Escapades Part 2: Disneyland!




Once upon a time, a 22-year old to-be went to Disneyland…
Ok, seriously. If anyone knows ANYTHING about me, you know that I love Disneyland.
And “love” is not a strong enough word.
So, when my roommate mentioned going to Disneyland the Sunday before my birthday, you KNOW I’m down!
I woke up early and got ready, went to Subway to get lunch/dinner, Starbucks, and picked up Deb, and we were on out way!!
We were meeting a friend of Jen’s to get Jen and Deb in for free (I have a pass) and we arrived around 10:30ish.
We went inside the park and I instantly went to go get my birthday badge! Then we went on the “Find-Deb-A-Pretzel” excursion! It actually took us awhile, and when we found one we had to wait 5 minutes for them to “open”.
While we waited we planned out afternoon, and we went to California Adventure.
We went into the Hollywood area and we ran into the Monster’s Inc parade, where the man leading the parade said happy birthday to me, and it made me SO EXCITED!!





Then we went and did Tower of Terror, Monster’s Inc., Toy Story 4-D, and California Screamin’!
After the rides I got my Sleeping Beauty crown!! It was my birthday present to me!





Then we went to spend the rest of the day in Disneyland! We had so much fun!!
I made the girls go see Captain Eo (I love it. Don’t judge me. Michael Jackson is epic). We did the Sleeping Beauty walk-through (my FAVORITE thing in the park. Ever! Just ask my parents. I made them go through it 7 times in a row as a little girl!), Indiana Jones, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion…
Haunted Mansion. Let me tell you. First of all, my Dad loves Paul Frees (the narrator). He has the whole ride memorized. So naturally I know a great deal of it too. I never knew I had so much memorized.
Now the ride isn’t THAT scary…unless it breaks down. Twice.
The first time it wasn’t bad. I was in the room with Esmeralda (is that her name?) in the Tarot card room…the head in the glass ball? Yeah. Not too scary then, and it was only broken down for a few minutes.
The second time? Uh…ha! Yeah. That time it was shut down for awhile. AND I was in the “attic” room and I happened to be JUST next to the dead bride. I have done some research, let me share.
“Always haunting the mansion’s attic the bride is considered one of the spookiest characters in the ride’s history.”
“Constance had married – and murdered – at least five wealthy men in the late 1800s…Her ghost utters sinister variations on classic wedding vows as a gleaming hatchet materializes in her hands.”





I almost peed my pants. She’s scary.
So after THAT experience we were passing the Princess and the Frog show (have you heard of it?) that I have been wanting to see FOREVER and they were just starting! So we stopped and watched! Let me say, these people sound a LOT like the original voices from the movie.
After the show we had dinner and went on a few more rides, then did the fireworks (Jen and Deb hadn’t seen them!) and it was so much fun!
Secret: The first time I saw the fireworks (I think it was 2 years ago when they had just re-done them) I cried. Don’t judge.
So the moral of the story is that Disneyland IS the happiest place on earth, and if you think you know me, come to Disneyland with me. You will see the real me (or at least the 4-year old inside me!)





Oh, and they all lived happily ever after! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment